Get stronger and fitter this summer with part 3 of the personal trainer home workout plan from Lisa Lanceford, aka Lisa Fiitt!
Time to work towards your summer body goals…
How to fit this home workout into your weekly training schedule…
- Monday: Fat Burn + 30-min brisk walk or cycle
- Tuesday: Legs workout + 30-min brisk walk or cycle
- Wednesday: Rest day
- Thursday: Chest and Back + 30-min brisk walk or cycle
- Friday: Bums and Tums + 30-min brisk walk or cycle
- Saturday: Arms and Shoulders + 30-min brisk walk or cycle
- Sunday: Rest day
Personal trainer home workout: target your arms and shoulders
- Stand with feet shoulder-width apart and one foot positioned over the centre of a resistance band.
- Grip each handle, holding both arms down at your sides with palms facing in.
- Raise your arms into the air until you get to shoulder height, all the while keeping a slight bend in your elbows. Slowly lower back down to the start position, then repeat.
NEGATIVE SHOULDER PRESS
- Stand with feet shoulder-width apart and positioned over the centre of a resistance band.
- Grip each handle and extend your arms to hold the band overhead.
- Lower the resistance band back down, counting for a total of three seconds. Fight against the resistance until your hands are at either side of your ears. Be sure to keep your elbows and wrists in alignment, and don’t arch your upper back.
- Exhale as you push your arms back up, making sure not to lock out your elbows. Repeat.
BICEPS CURLS WITH HOLD
- Stand with feet shoulder-width apart and positioned over the centre of a resistance band. Grip the handles with your palms facing forwards.
- Curl the band up to the half-way point at which point your forearms arms are parallel to the floor. Hold for a second, keeping your elbows tucked in and squeezing your biceps. Curl up again to the top (pictured, far right) and squeeze your biceps.
- Lower your arms back to the start position in a controlled manner, then repeat.
TRICEPS KICKBACK WITH SQUEEZE
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and feet over a resistance band. Bend forward at the hips to approximately, but no more than, 90°.
- Hold the ends of the band in your hands, with your palms facing each other, and bend your elbows so they are tight against your ribs.
- As you exhale, extend your hands behind you by straightening your arms.
- Pause for a second, squeezing the triceps muscles. Bend your elbows again, then repeat.
Personal trainer home workout: fat burning exercises
JACK WITH JAB
- Start with your feet together and your hands as fists in front of your chest.
- Jump and spread your legs to shoulder-width apart while simultaneously jabbing both hands out in front of you.
- Jump back to the starting position and bring your hands back in front of your chest. Repeat.
JUMP SQUAT CRAWL OUT
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your hands clasped in front of you. Lower into a squat position, engage your core, and then jump up explosively.
- When you land, immediately lower your body back into the squat position. Next, fall forward and lower your hands onto the floor, whilst keeping the legs fairly straight.
- Walk your hands out, keeping the core engaged, until your body is in a plank position.
- Walk your hands back in again and go straight back into a squat jump, then repeat the entire sequence.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your hands clasped in front of your chest.
- Lower into a squat position, engage your core, and then jump up explosively.
- Land with soft knees, then repeat.
- Take a large step back into a lunge position, lowering your hips so that your back knee is just above the floor and your front thigh is parallel to the floor.
- Jump up, switching leg positions mid-air (one leg comes forward; the other leg goes backward).
- Land in a lunge position before jumping again and repeating the sequence. Continue alternating legs for 45 seconds.